Nada Natural Farming Cafe | Early Mothers' Day Dinner
A few weeks ago, my mom and her friend discovered a cafe at Balik Pulau, named Nada Natural Farming Cafe. Ever since then, she had been trying to go back again but it's always full.
Seeing that Mother's Day is just around the corner, I tried to secure a booking. I wasn't expecting a positive response as I heard that Nada Natural Farming Cafe has quite a long waiting list most of the time because they are only opened for 3 days a week, noon - evening. Nevertheless, I got a yes!
For those who know me personally will know that I am never a country side / outdoor type of person, unless it's autumn or winter. Unfortunately being in Malaysia, all I get is summer 24/7, so FML big time. If it wasn't for an early Mother's Day celebration, there's no way I'd voluntarily offer to go to such a place. Even my bestie thought that someone hacked my Insta when I told her in DM that I was going to this place because it's so unlike me!
- Nada Natural Farming Cafe is a nice getaway place to chill with some cold drinks. I myself enjoyed the Kefir a lot but skipped the beer because I'm not a drinker.
- The pasta dishes didn't match up to their prices. As a pasta lover, I know where to find better pasta at a cheaper price.
- The service was quite slow. In their defense, only 2 people were running the floor and the kitchen was quite a distance from the seating area.
- I won't be back again because other than the Kefir, no other factor can make me go all the way there and brave through the heat and bugs ever again. In fact, if it wasn't for my mom, I wouldn't go there at all, the photos online didn't tempt me.
- That said, if I had such a place in Melbourne back then, I believe I would be a regular customer during the autumn.
Lot 646 & 647, Jalan Kuala Sungai Burung, Kampung Sungai Burung, 11000 Balik Pulau, Penang.